The best way to relax and unwind is by going on a vacation but with work, family and other commitments, not many people can actually find the time to go on a vacation or even if they do, they wouldn’t be able to enjoy it leisurely. This is why retirement age is the perfect way to go on all those vacations you always wanted to.
According to recent research, experiences matter a lot more to us humans than any material items and experiences such as a vacation can be shared with your loved ones and bring a great sense of happiness and relaxation for a longer period of time.
There are a lot trip ideas for seniors all around Sri Lanka.
There is nothing that can spur the youth in you to action that going on an outdoor adventure. You may be retired but that’s no reason to stay cooped up on your house!
- Go on a hiking expedition or simply go on a nature tour as you take a dip in one of Nuwara Eliya’s pristine waterfalls and experience the best of nature by taking a trip to the Central Highlands of Sri lanka
- Sri Lanka is dotted with a lot of rivers and lakes from where you can go on a paddle boat ride as you explore the magnificent ecosystem of Sri Lanka.
- Camp in the Sinharaja Forest of Knuckles Mountain Range.
- Get in the swing of golf at Nuwara Eliya’s picture-perfect golf courses.
- Go on a wildlife safari tour to any of Sri Lanka’s numerous National Parks.
Sri Lanka flaunts a distinctive art scene and Colombo and Galle, in particular, are the best places from where you can experience the creativity of Sri Lankan art. Colombo hosts the yearly Colombo Art Biennale and the Kala Pola Festival and plenty of art galleries are open for exploration in Sri Lanka.
Step back in time as you explore Sri Lanka’s history
With a wealth of historical attractions in the form of old palace ruins and temples, history aficionados and curious travellers will have much to explore in Sri Lanka. Seniors, in particular, relish the opportunity of stepping back in time and going back to their roots and exploring Sri Lanka’s historic attractions is the great way to achieve this.
Bustling street food cafes, top-notch restaurants and fun food festivals all make Sri Lanka a foodie’s paradise. If there is any food that you have yet to sample, this is the greatest opportunity!